3 TIPS FROM A REGISTERED ROOFING CONTRACTOR
1. Visual Inspection On Your Roof
Twice a year (spring and autumn) do a visual, from-the-ground inspection. Look for these problem areas.
- Tiles that are not lying down on the roof
- Damaged edging on the perimeter of your roof line
- Flashing that is loose, starting to buckle or is missing
- If you can see any of the underlay from any side of the roof
- Sagging, loose or broken guttering
- Heavy moss growth or damp spots
- Cleaning the gutters
If you can’t clean your guttering, call a guttering or roofing contractor to clean your gutters at least twice a year — and especially before a big storm. Otherwise, water can back up and rot the fascia and backboards
2. Trim Trees
- A storm can send branches crashing into your roof. Trim overhanging tree limbs to avoid this risk.
- Look for moss and algae on the roof.
- Keep your attic properly ventilated ensuring the vents are clear
- Remove debris from the roof
- Trim overhanging branches
- Re-caulk, if necessary.
If a low-grade caulking was used during the roof installation, flashing’s may not hold their seal. Call in an roofing contractor in Dublin if you think the caulking needs a refresh.
3. Check the insulation.
Proper insulation and ventilation in your attic can help keep your roof in good condition in winter by preventing ice from forming and reducing moisture. We recommend hiring a roofing contractor for this inspection as they can spot an early problem before it turns into something serious.
If you need Roof Repairs Dublin or would like to get a free assessment from an experienced roof contractor in Dublin, give Top Choice Roofers a call. We will dispatch our team to assess your roof and give you a free no obligation quotation on carrying out any roofing repairs it might require.